You can have your vehicle tested up to a month (minus one day) prior to the expiry date of the current MOT without affecting the on-going renewal dates.
We carry out MOT testing of the following vehicle types in our dedicated testing bay:-
- Motorcycle (engine size up to 200cc)
- Motorcycle with sidecar (engine size up to 200cc)
- Motorcycle (engine size over 200cc)
- Motorcycle with sidecar (engine size over 200cc)
- Cars (up to 8 passenger seats)
- 3-wheeled vehicles (over 450kg unladen weight)
- Motor caravans
- Quads (max unladen weight 400kg – for goods vehicles 550kg and max net power of 15kw)
- Dual purpose vehicles
- Private hire and public service vehicles (up to 8 seats)
- Ambulances and taxis
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (9 to 12 passenger seats)
- Goods vehicles (up to 3,000kg design gross weight)
MOT testing keeps you and other road users safe
Annual testing makes sure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and that all the critical systems and parts work as they should. With some exceptions, MOT testing is compulsory on vehicles that have reached their third anniversary of registration. You can read more about the requirements on the GOV.UK website.
MOT is a legal requirement
For vehicles subject to MOT testing, records of MOT tests carried out are now kept in a central database by DVSA. Vehicles used or kept on the road without a valid MOT are automatically reported, which can result in a fine of up to £1,000. The insurance for that vehicle would automatically be invalid resulting in a further offence being committed. Don’t take the risk of getting a fine, make sure you book your next MOT in plenty of time.